Did You Know that St. John Paul II visited 129 countries during his time as pope!
Pope John Paul II traveled to more than 129 different countries, logging more than 750,000 frequent flyer miles, which is about three times the distance to the moon.
- Nine visits to Poland
- Eight visits to France (including one visit to Réunion)
- Seven visits to the United States (including two stopovers in Alaska)
- Five visits to Mexico and Spain
- Four visits to Brazil, Portugal, and Switzerland
- Three visits to Austria, Canada, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Czech Republic (including one visit to Czechoslovakia), Dominican Republic, Germany, Guatemala, Kenya, Malta (including one stopover in Luqa,) and Slovakia (including one visit to Czechoslovakia)
- Two visits to Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Benin, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, El Salvador, Hungary, India, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Slovenia, South Korea, Uruguay, and Venezuela
- One visit to Albania, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Belize, Bolivia, Botswana, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Congo, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao (then part of the Netherlands Antilles), Denmark, East Timor (then part of Indonesia), Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Guam, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Palestinian territories, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Sweden, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
In addition, John Paul II made 146 pastoral visits to Italy.
List of pastoral visits of Pope John Paul II
||25– 26 January 1979
|| Dominican Republic
||Santo Domingo, Santiago de los Caballeros
|26 January–1 February 1979
||México, Oaxaca de Juárez, Guadalajara, Monterrey
||Attended the Third General Conference of the Latin American Bishops held in Puebla
|1 February 1979
|| The Bahamas
||2–10 June 1979
||Warsaw, Gniezno, Częstochowa, Kraków, Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, Wadowice, Brzezinka, Nowy Targ
||Commemoration of the 900th Anniversary of the death of St. Stanislaus and the completion of the Diocesan Synod in Kraków
||29 September–1 October 1979
||Dublin, Drogheda, Galway, Knock, Limerick, Maynooth
||Centenary of the Knock apparitions.
|1–8 October 1979
|| United States
||Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Des Moines, Chicago, Washington, D.C.
||Address to the United Nations General Assembly (October 2).
||28–30 November 1979
||Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara
Met with Patriarch Demetrios I of Constantinople and Patriarch Shenork I Kaloustian of Constantinople
|5 - 104
Where does the pope live?
|Full List of pastoral visits of Pope John Paul II See/Download as PDF
Source is from Wikipedia and Fact Retriever.