6" Miraculous Madonna Statue

Availability: In stock (1)

The first miraculous statue of Our Lady was a work of the local sculptor Salvatore Revelli. It shows the Virgin Mary with the heart in her hands and is still preserved in the Church of Saints James and Philip in Taggia, but it is the object of worship and devotion throughout Italy. Graces and mercies are attributed to the Miraculous Madonna over the local population, even in situations of great danger like the Second World War.

The cult of the Miraculous Madonna is linked in some ways to that of the Miraculous Medal (or medal of the Madonna delle Grazie, or Medal of the Immaculate Conception) linked to the Marian visions of St. Catherine Labouré, a novice in the convent of the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, in Paris, in 1830. Again, as in that of the Miraculous Madonna, the so-called “Chapel of the Apparitions” became a place of worship, which is still open to all the faithful and very popular.

0 stars based on 0 reviews